While WP Job Manager plugin does a great job searching for jobs by location, it does it by searching for the location keywords in the custom field in database. This way the matching results will be jobs with matching city or zip code.
GEO Job Manager extension enhances the search query of WP Job Manager with a powerful geolocation based query ( proximity search ). Allowing the visitors of your site to seach for jobs based on address and radius and see results nearby.
- Radius - Set a default radius value or allow the visitors of your site to choose the radius from a dropdown select box.
- Distance Units - Choose between Miles or Kilometers as the units default value, or let the visitors of your site to choose from a drop-down select box.
- Orderby - Set a default value for the order of the results or allow the visitors of your site to order the result using a drop-down select box. You can use any of the order-by by options available by WP Job Manager plugin in addition to the "Distance" option provided by GEO Job Manager extension.
When GEO Job Manager extension is enabled and searching for jobs by location, it is possible to order the list of results by the distance. Allowing the visitors of your site to see which job is the nearest to their location.
- Add Google map to the job forms on your site to display the location of each job in the search results.
- Create mashup maps showing all jobs location.
- Set the height and width of the map, markers grouping type ( marker clusterer or marker spiderfier ), URL to custom map icons and more.
Google Places Address Autocomplete
Google Places address autocomplete provides live suggested results while typing an address. Makes it easier for the visitors of your site to type in and select the address they wish to search.
The address autocomplete feature can be enabled on the address/location field of the new/edit job form ( admin and front-end ) and on any of the jobs search form.
Add locator button inside the location field of the jobs search form which the visitor of your site can use to dynamically retrieve their current position and search for nearby jobs.
Jobs Mashup Map
Create mashup map showing the location of all the jobs on your site. You can set the height and width of the map, map type, zoom level, grouping type, URL to a custom map icon and more.
Single Job Map
Enable Google on the single job page, showing the location of the job being viewed by the visitor.
You can set the height and width of the map, zoom level, URL to a custom marker and more.
Job Alerts Compatibility
GEO Job Manager integrates with Job Alerts add-on and enchance it with geolocation features:
- Job Alerts can be filtered by address and distance.
- You can set global default distance and units values that will be used for all job alerts, or allow the users of your site to set the values when creating a new job alert.
- Display the distance to each job in the alert email notification.
- Enable Google Places address autocomplete in the location field of the new/edit job alerts form.
Indeed Integration Compatability
GEO Job Manager integrates with Indeed Integration add-on as well and adds a few cool features to it:
- Jobs from indeed will be displayed on the map just like other jobs created on the site.
- Show the distance to each job in the list of results.
- Filter the results based on the distance value set in the jobs form.
- Sort Indeed jobs by the distance.